Rainbow Mountain – vinincunca
Colorfull Mountain Vinincunca
Rainbow mountain – vinincunca is located in Ausangate is the fifth mountain most high of Peru, with its 6384 meters for centuries has received many names; “The roof of the Inca Capital”, “Vinicunca” (Hill of colors), etc. Guardian of the Cusco region, located in the District of Pitumarca, Canchis province, Cusco region, in the South of Peru; Ausangate is considered the most important mountain of the Andean cosmovision.
Rainbow Mountain Itinerary
The pick up from your hotel will be depending of your tour, then we will drive for 4 hours approximately until the village of Cusipata, in this place will take your breakfast, culminated this we will continue driving for 1 hour aprox. to the village of Chilca, from this point will start our adventure, the walk will be between 1 hour up the hill aprox.
After that you will see beautiful landscapes full of streams , mountains, lakes, snow-capped mountains as well as flora and fauna, after this time to get to our desired destination Vinicunca or Hill of colors taking adequate time to capture this magical place in photographs and in our memories, in addition to this place we can also appreciate the Apu Ausangate, nevado more venerated by the Incas.
Then live this magical experience we descend again to Chilca for 1 hour down the hill to the bus station and the back to Cusipata for our lunch, finally return to the city of Cusco arriving at Regocijo square at 17:30 hrs approximately.
- Group Tour: Every day at about 4:30 am
- Private Tour: Every day on request, we recommend starting at 5:30 am
- Group Tour: Spanish and English simultaneously
- Private Tour: One language only (Spanish, English), you choose the language, if you prefer another language, let us know!
- About 13 hours
- Tour Type
- Group tour or 100% private tour.
- If you have kids, we recommend a private tour
- This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Tour Ending Place
- Group Tour: Near the Plaza de Armas
- Private Tour: At your hotel
- How to make reservations?
- Please contact us via this page by filling out the form, then we will send you the tour details, the total price to pay, and the payment methods
- If you are browsing with a cell phone, click on the book now button which is located on the top menu, or scroll down to the bottom of this page and fill out the form
You can check our comments on tripadvisor or google