PALCCOYOC RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FULL DAY
You want to see the stunning colors from the rainbow mountain, but the long hike up Vinicunca scares you? There is a little-known but great alternative. If the hike up Vinicunca is challenging as it is going up a lot, is long, and the altitude can cause problems to some people, the way from Palccoyo is easier, shorter and mostly flat. Moreover, as Palccoyo is a new route, you will also most likely be alone with your group or with a few other groups. Your pictures will then be better, and you will also see three rainbow mountains instead of just one with the classic tour to Vinicunca. This tour is a must-do in the area.
Our tour will start with an early pick-up from your accommodation in Cusco between 5:00 to 5:20 am. We will drive for 3 hours passing through many colorful colonial towns before reaching Cusipata town where we will have breakfast.
After breakfast, we will drive for 1 hour and a half more along the Salcca Valley. On the way, you will enjoy a nice view over the mountains as we follow a small river to get to the starting point of the hike (4850m/15912ft).
We will then start our hike and walk for 30 minutes (1km) to our viewpoint (5,000m/16,404ft.). From there, we will have the most unique views of Ausangate (highest snow-capped mountain of Cusco 6375m/20915ft) and of the three rainbow mountains. As this is an alternative route to the well-known Vinicunca, you will be able to enjoy the views without crowds of tourists, to take magnificent photos and to remember forever the stunning views. After taking our pictures and appreciating the views, we will make our way back to our bus, have lunch and head back to Cusco. You will be dropped off at your hotel around 6:30 pm.
- Group Tour: Every day at 4:30 am approx
- Private Tour: Every day on request, we recommend starting at 5 am
- Group Tour: Spanish and English simultaneously
- Private Tour: One language only (Spanish, English), you choose the language, if you prefer another language, let us know!
- About 12 hours
- Tour Type
- Group tour or private tour.
- If you have kids, we recommend a private tour
- This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility
- Tour Ending Place
- Group Tour: Near the Plaza de Armas
- Private Tour: At your hotel
- How to make reservations?
- Please contact us via this page by filling out the form, then we will send you the tour details, the total price to pay, and the payment methods
- If you are browsing with a cell phone, click on the book now button which is located on the top menu, or scroll down to the bottom of this page and fill out the form